Staying Well with Type 2 Diabetes
A pamphlet developed by Diabetes NZ.
Some guidelines and information to help you stay well with your Type 2 Diabetes.
Health Professional Review
A pamphlet developed by Diabetes NZ. It provides some basic guidelines and information for people with type 2 diabetes. It is not designed to replace information given to you by your
doctor or other health professional.
Overcoming Low Self Esteem
A Self-help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques
Melanie Fennell’s Overcoming Low Self-Esteem is a classic of self-help literature, winning acclaim for its practical and user-friendly approach and now recommended on the National Health Service’s self-help scheme known as Books on Prescription. This book will aid readers to understand their condition and with this knowledge enable them to break out of the vicious circle of negative self-image, learn the art of self-acceptance and alter their lives for the better. Explains the nature of low self-esteem and self destructive thinking. Contains a complete self-help programme and monitoring sheets. Is based on clinically proven techniques of cognitive therapy.
Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!
In The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!, Mayo Clinic provides up-to-date, clinically proven information that addresses the key causes of heart disease and provides clear, actionable advice in an easy-to follow format, including:
- The three key actions you can taken in a quick-start plan to help you jump-start your way to heart health
- A heart-health assessment to help you create your own customized plan
- An easy-to-follow program designed for life-long heart health
- Tools to help you determine your risk for heart disease
- Information on how to recognize symptoms of heart disease-and what to do about them
- Background on cholesterol's role and info on how you can minimize the effects of bad cholesterol and enhance your levels of good cholesterol
- How to talk to your doctor about heart concerns and what to expect during a medical evaluation
- How heart disease symptoms can be different in women, and other special concerns for women
- How to raise heart-healthy children
- …and more
Overcoming Depression and Low Mood
A Five Areas Approach
- Presents patient-friendly workbooks with illustrations and practical advice
- Incorporates proven, trusted information from an award-winning author
- Delivers a wealth of strategies to deal with conditions ranging from low mood to long-lasting depression
- Includes advice for family, friends, and caregivers
Living with it
Survivors Guide to Panic Attacks
Health Professional Reviewer: Faye Hanna, Clinical Specialist, Primary Mental Health. Reviewed 10 February 2013.
Book Title: Living with it: Survivors Guide to Panic Attacks
Suitable for: Teens through to adults. Comic format easy reading.
Book Summary: A thoroughly useful small book which clearly addresses anxiety and panic, provides a good understanding of how it develops what it is and how to overcome it. This is, in my opinion one of the most beneficial publications yet. This book summarises anxiety and simplifies a really useful way of managing and overcoming panic attacks.
Strengths and Weaknesses: The simplistic format makes it easy for all levels of readers to understand. The comic form helps readers to remember specific points.
Lose Weight for Life: Ditch Dieting & Lighten Up
If you’re sick of going round in circles and want to make some changes to your health and wellness that stick with you, Lose Weight for Life is the book for you!
- Sort out the facts from the fiction when it comes to nutrition
- Build healthy eating habits and behaviours
- Break the cycle of emotional eating
- Plan, cook and eat healthy meals
- Get you results that LAST
Weight loss doesn’t have to be about dieting and self-denial. In Lose Weight For Life I will help you change the way you think about food so you can eat right, feel great and lead a balanced life. This is a fresh approach to weight loss that lasts, now is the time to take weight off your body and your mind for a healthier, happier you.
Living A Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions
Completely redesigned for easy reading and fully updated with the latest research and information on current practice, medication, legal matters, and specific conditions, this new edition of a vital resource is full of tips, suggestions, and strategies to deal with chronic illness and symptoms, such as fatigue, pain, shortness of breath, disability, and depression. It encourages readers to develop individual approaches to setting goals, making decisions, and finding resources and support so that they are able to do the things they want and need. Originally based on a five-year study conducted at Stanford University, this work has grown to include the feedback of medical professionals and people with chronic conditions all over the world. Aimed at letting people become self-managers of their own illness, this book's one simple goal is to help anyone with a chronic illness to live a productive, healthy life.