Diabetes and Healthy Food Choices
Eating healthy food is an important part of managing your diabetes. Check out this great resource by Diabetes NZ.
Health Professional Review
A pamphlet developed by Diabetes New Zealand.
Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!
In The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!, Mayo Clinic provides up-to-date, clinically proven information that addresses the key causes of heart disease and provides clear, actionable advice in an easy-to follow format, including:
- The three key actions you can taken in a quick-start plan to help you jump-start your way to heart health
- A heart-health assessment to help you create your own customized plan
- An easy-to-follow program designed for life-long heart health
- Tools to help you determine your risk for heart disease
- Information on how to recognize symptoms of heart disease-and what to do about them
- Background on cholesterol's role and info on how you can minimize the effects of bad cholesterol and enhance your levels of good cholesterol
- How to talk to your doctor about heart concerns and what to expect during a medical evaluation
- How heart disease symptoms can be different in women, and other special concerns for women
- How to raise heart-healthy children
- …and more
The Mindful Way through Depression
Freeing yourself from chronic unhappiness (includes CD)
The Mindful Way through Depression draws on the collective wisdom of four internationally renowned mindfulness experts, including bestselling author Jon Kabat-Zinn, to provide effective relief from the most prevalent psychological disorder. This authoritative, easy-to-use self-help program is based on methods clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of depression. Revealing the hidden psychological mechanisms that cause chronic unhappiness, the authors gently guide readers through a series of exercises designed to break the mental habits that lead to despair. Kabat-Zinn lends his calm, familiar voice to the accompanying CD of guided meditations, making this a complete package for anyone looking to regain a sense of balance and contentment.
Overcoming Depression and Low Mood
A Five Areas Approach
- Presents patient-friendly workbooks with illustrations and practical advice
- Incorporates proven, trusted information from an award-winning author
- Delivers a wealth of strategies to deal with conditions ranging from low mood to long-lasting depression
- Includes advice for family, friends, and caregivers
8 Minute Meditation
Quiet Your Mind, Change your Life.
In recent years, meditation has become hugely popular and scientific studies are suggesting that the physical and mental benefits are solid and real. But to many, it remains something mystical and inaccessible…and spiritually-oriented tomes on the market don't do much to make it easier.
As interest in meditation continues to grow, this book offers a simple, no-nonsense program to help beginners experience reduced stress and increased focus in only eight minutes a day. Designed by meditation expert and bestselling author Victor Davich, this program teaches the basic principles of meditation while clearing up the misconceptions and myths that too often get in the way.
The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook
The book contains relaxation techniques based on the latest research, and draws from a variety of proven treatment methods, including progressive relaxation, autogenics, self-hypnosis, visualization, and mindfulness and acceptance therapy.
In the first chapter, you'll explore your own stress triggers and symptoms, and learn how to create a personal plan for stress reduction. Each chapter features a different method for relaxation and stress reduction, explains why the method works, and provides on-the-spot exercises you can do to apply that method when you feel stressed. The result is a comprehensive yet accessible workbook that will help you to curb stress and cultivate a more peaceful life.
This Can’t Happen To Me – Tackling Type 2 Diabetes
Weaving practical advice with humorous and inspiring personal stories, Tim Bowden explains everything you need to know about Type 2 diabetes.