Coping with Grief and Loss
A pamphlet giving information about grief and loss. It suggests ways to cope or to help others to cope.
The Relationship Cure
A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships
* Reveals the key elements of healthy relationships, emphasizing the importance of what he calls “emotional connection”
* Introduces the powerful new concept of the emotional “bid,” the fundamental unit of emotional connection
* Provides remarkably empowering tools for improving the way you bid for emotional connection and how you respond to others’ bids
I Can’t Get Over It
A Handbook for Trauma Survivors
This book will help you:
- Find out whether you have PTSD
- Cope with post-traumatic anger, grief, and survivor guilt
- Recognize related problems such as depression, substance abuse , compulsive behavior and low self-esteem
- Identify “triggers” that set off flashbacks, anxiety attacks, and other symptoms
- Relieve wounding caused by others’ blaming and insensitivity
- Gain a sense of empowerment and hope for the future
Hold Me Tight
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
The message of Hold Me Tight is simple: Forget about learning how to argue better, analyzing your early childhood, making grand romantic gestures, or experimenting with new sexual positions. Instead, get to the emotional underpinnings of your relationship by recognizing that you are emotionally attached to and dependent on your partner in much the same way that a child is on a parent for nurturing, soothing, and protection. Dr. Johnson teaches that the way to enhance or save a relationship is to be open, attuned, and responsive to each other and to reestablish emotional connection.
Overcoming Low Self Esteem
A Self-help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques
Melanie Fennell’s Overcoming Low Self-Esteem is a classic of self-help literature, winning acclaim for its practical and user-friendly approach and now recommended on the National Health Service’s self-help scheme known as Books on Prescription. This book will aid readers to understand their condition and with this knowledge enable them to break out of the vicious circle of negative self-image, learn the art of self-acceptance and alter their lives for the better. Explains the nature of low self-esteem and self destructive thinking. Contains a complete self-help programme and monitoring sheets. Is based on clinically proven techniques of cognitive therapy.
Lose Weight for Life: Ditch Dieting & Lighten Up
If you’re sick of going round in circles and want to make some changes to your health and wellness that stick with you, Lose Weight for Life is the book for you!
- Sort out the facts from the fiction when it comes to nutrition
- Build healthy eating habits and behaviours
- Break the cycle of emotional eating
- Plan, cook and eat healthy meals
- Get you results that LAST
Weight loss doesn’t have to be about dieting and self-denial. In Lose Weight For Life I will help you change the way you think about food so you can eat right, feel great and lead a balanced life. This is a fresh approach to weight loss that lasts, now is the time to take weight off your body and your mind for a healthier, happier you.
Understanding Obsessions and Compulsions
A Self-help Manual
This guide is by the author of “How to Stop Worrying”. People suffering from some degree of obsessive compulsive disorder may be embarrassed by their symptoms and not present themselves for treatment. This book, therefore, attempts to provide a comprehensive guide to self-help, explaining the principles of anxiety reduction, giving treatment instructions in easy-to-understand language. It covers compulsive checking, washing, hoarding, obsessional thoughts and worry, obsessional personality and depression.